This gooey green slime is perfect for Halloween playtime with your kids!
Making it is easy, cheap and it wipes off the fingers without a problem. What’s great about this recipe is that once you make the slime, you can then add things to it to make it even more exciting for your child.
We made our slime with green glue, but you could use purple for a really magical touch – I think this would work well as a witch’s brew type theme.
You could also use a black colour to really make it stand out. You may need to use clear glue and add food colouring instead of the coloured Elmer’s glue to do this.
Here’s a few ideas for how you can customise your Halloween slime:
- Small star confetti – this will make it look like a magical potion!
- Bugs – Get some small plastic bug toys and mix them into the slime then challenge your child to find them all.
- Halloween themed container – put the slime in a cauldron or a pumpkin-shaped pot to go with the holiday.
- Multi-coloured glitter – combine all of the above with some extra glitter and you can make it really magic!
What you need to make Halloween slime:
1 bottle Elmer’s glue in green (we used the green glitter glue)
2 TBSP contact lens solution
1-2 cups shaving cream
Method to make creepy Halloween slime
- Put the entire bottle of glue into a mixing bowl.
2. Add the contact lens solution and shaving cream then stir and mix well.
3. You may need to mix it with your hands for the final few minutes just to really combine all of the ingredients.
4. Pop in any additional props and decorations to make your slime really spooky!
Now you’re ready to play! I hope you enjoyed this slime recipe, happy playing!