Looking for a super quick and easy dinner idea for your toddler?
This easy tortilla pizza recipe takes just minutes to make, goes down a treat and is a great way to get your child to try new things!
It’s also the kind of recipe that you can get your child involved with, by encouraging them to get involved with choosing and adding their favourite toppings.
If you’re looking for other toddler dinner ideas you can check out this list of tried and test favourites.
Toddler tortilla pizza toppings
There are so many different things you can add to your tortilla pizza!
It’s actually a really great activity for your toddler to get them involved in decorating their own pizza.
They could make a face or spell their name with the different choices of topping.
Some of my kids’ favourite toppings for pizza include:
- Cherry tomatoes
Recipe for tortilla pizza
My recipe for tortilla pizza for toddlers can be made in a matter of minutes. Less than 20 minutes in fact!
It’s a great option for a healthier pizza, as the tortilla base is not as bulky as a normal pizza base.
Plus if you want to have fun making pizzas with your kids but don’t want the hassle of making your own pizza base this is a perfect solution!
It’s also a really cheap dinner idea, and pleases everyone in the family!
To make the pizza you start with spreading some sauce on your tortillas. I like to use passata and adding a little bit of dried herbs – I use a pre-made Italian herbs mix which includes oregano and rosemary – adds a bit of flavour.
Once you’ve spread a thin layer of passata you then sprinkle on some grated cheese and add whatever toppings your child loves to eat!
If you are struggling to get your fussy eater to eat vegetables you could blitz some into the passata. Simply cook the veggies you want to use – maybe carrots and broccoli for example.
Then stir in the passata and place in a food processor to blend together so the veggies are hidden.
- 4 tortillas
- 8 tablespoons passata
- Half teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 50g cheddar or mozzarella cheese grated
- Toppings of your choice - ham, peppers, pepperoni slices all work well
- Preheat oven to 180C/ 350F. Mix passata and herbs in a bowl.
- Place tortillas on a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray. Using a spoon spread the passata mix on the tortillas.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Add toppings of your choice.
- Place baking sheet in the oven and cook for 6 to 8 minutes. Pizza is ready when cheese has melted and tortilla is just going crispy on the edges.
- Cut pizza into slices and serve! Goes great with salad or mix of cucumber slices and carrot sticks.